I feel very honored to be nominated for the Liebster award; The Liebster Award is an award that is given to bloggers by bloggers. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The award is a way to be discovered, to connect and support other bloggers within the blogging community. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less.
Its a great way you get new and up and coming Bloggers a chance to be seen and discovered!
I was Nominated by Michelle @ walkingtwobytwo.com Follow the link to view the Website!
Walkintwobytwo.com is a inspiring blog By Michelle and her Husband Mark. They love traveling and living the outdoors. They have been Married for about 25years now and in reading the blog I am excited for the inspiration they give me for the wonderful possibilities that lay ahead not only in my life with regards to traveling but also with regards to Friendship and marriage. I would love to have my Best Friend, My Husband travel the world with me like these two do, in the most simple ways – with just a back pack and the essentials.
Follow Michelle and her Husband on Walkintwobytwo.com to be a part of all their wonderful adventures!
These are the Questions that I have been asked by Michelle:
Were you always interested in the outdoors? if not when did you become interested?
I’ve Always had a big interest in the outdoors and all it’s Curiosities. I Absolutely love insects and wanted to drop out of fashion School at a point to study Entomology. I also love gardening and the reward of growing something- its Magical, like when you believed in fairy’s and elves when you were little.
What is the most exciting adventure you have had?
Do I have to choose one?…. I love Hiking, as an Adult now I don’t get the opportunity to do it as often anymore. Everyone is constantly busy with boring ‘adultting’ things.
I Have a few:
Blyde River Canyon: I did a hike in the Blyde River Canyon with a group of school friends. It was beautiful. It rained almost constantly an I ended up having this terrible rash for 6 months all over my chest from constantly being wet but it was a wonderful experience:
The Fish River Canyon: I also did a hike through The Fish River Canyon with the same group of Friends. We did boulder hopping and slept under the stars. We even swam or sat in hot water springs, I loved this one:
Malawi and Tanzania: Then I’ve also been to Malawi and Tanzania those trips were also wonderful – I had the privilege of doing them with my husband and my Family. My Parents have been living in Malawi for about 5 years now and it is just such a simple life. I absolutely love it there:
Do you prefer to travel solo or with people and why?
I wouldn’t say Solo – But I prefer it being a very small group , and mostly with Family. With large groups of friends and different people you always end up with too many different opinions.
What is the one thing you have never done and are keen to try at least once?
I Really really want to go in a hot air balloon, Really-Really-Really. But I need to get a GoPro first…
If you could pick an era to live in what one would you choose and why?
I don’t think I would want to live in another era – Going through History and the things we as human civilization has been through I think I’m fine here to be honest.
I like being able to do whatever I want no matter my Gender or Race – I love having friends of all races despite our countries history. I love being allowed to be whoever I want to be, I can choose to one day become the perfect housewives and have a successful career, I can do it all and I’m grate full for all the people in History that has made all the sacrifices needed for me to be able to be here.
When you travel do you prefer backpack or suitcase?
I Would prefer the freedom of a back pack, but then again I have two pairs of running shoes, and a camera, and a laptop, and all my Insect field Guides and my insect catching kit, oh and my net, and traps….and and and
So for normal destination travel, a suitcase – Because except for all the above, where a I going to put all the things we buy?!
But hiking – a back pack will do, I’ll have to get my field guides on Kindle or something…
Also when you travel do you prefer warm climate or cold?
I prefer Warmer Climates – I get very fussy and annoyed with wearing too many layers. I can handle heat. In the cold I just want to eat and sleep, almost like hibernating
Where in the world would you like to go if given the choice to leave tomorrow?
I would like to go to Tanzania again. I would one day really like to Summit Mount Kilimanjaro.
How would you describe your blog site in 5 words?
Positive, Honest, Happy, Interesting, True.
Do you have a favourite adventurer that inspires you to get out and do what you do?
Yes: world famous ‘Bug Man’ Ruud Kleinpaste – I got to know him on the Popular show Buggin with Ruud on Animal planet. He’ s method of presenting made me want to go outside and kick over rocks looking for all sorts of insects.
My Favorite Blog to Read:
I love reading her posts and following he on Instagram. I feel like I can relate to the advise she gives and the things she believes in. At the moment I don’t have any children yet – but I feel like her website and Blog is something that I could grow into as I mature into wife-hood and Mother-hood.
Lauren is a Nurse and a personal trainer. But more than that she is an inspiring fit Mother of 3 and a half on the way. She has a wonderful website and blog devoted to inspiring and helping All women and Mothers battle the preconceived notions of what it is to be a healthy fit Mom in our times. She devotes her time to Build Healthy Woman and I truly admire her for that. Her Website and Blog makes me look forward to getting Pregnant and keeping the body I want.
Here are my Nominees for the Liebster Award 2017:
- Wheretheheartis.co.za – As a South African, Tamsin has always been interested in discovering all the beauty that our diverse country has to offer. Her greatest passion has always been Travel and Adventure. She believe’s that life begins at the end of your comfort zone. Her Blog is filled with all the interesting adventures she gets caught up in whilst traveling in South-Africa and the rest of the world. You can follow her on instagram to stay in touch with al her adventures: where_the_heart_is_blog
- AliveandBalanced.co.za – Suret is very passionate about Style, Psychology and Fitness. She live’s for
the emotional and physical health of women and to enhance their natural beauty. Her approach includes soul talk, style and fitness. You can get quite far with the right outfit, a healthy body image and a good fitness level. Suret Is very inspiring individual and she awakes confidence in others. She is also a amazing Fitness Trainer and Beauty consultant. You can follow her on instagram to stay in touch with al her adventures: suret.alive
- fitness9555.wordpress.com – Shay-lon Moss intends to teach, help motivate and inspire those who are
embarking on a fitness & health journey. I love listening to her on her youtube chanel and also reading her posts. She in an inspiring Personal trainer to be and I believe she will be touching many more lives on her way up. You can follow her on instagram to stay in touch with her: shaylon_fitnesswonderwoman
- Thstindierunner.com – Atlegang Mosimanekgosi and his Team runs the #RunRevolution – It’s a
movement, Literally. To get you moving, to put your left foot in front of your right foot. The blog is very inspiring and makes me want to go for a run. I love the energy and the motivation that they have here. I also love the fact that he does interviews and guest posts. For me it makes the Bog local, and real. Follow that Indie runner on Instagram: thatindierunner
- Strongmotherrunner.com – Lauren Scafe is a Nurse and a personal trainer. But more than that she is an inspiring fit Mother of 3 and a half on the way. She has a wonderful website and blog devoted to inspiring and helping All women and Mothers battle the preconceived notions of what it is to be a healthy fit Mom in our times. She devotes her time to Build Healthy Woman and I truly admire her for that. Her Website and Blog makes me look forward to getting Pregnant and keeping the body I want. Follow that Her on Instagram: thestrongmotherguide
Nominees if you Choose to Continue, you can read more about it Here @ The Global Aussie – Please see questions, Rules and Instructions below:
Nominees here are my Questions for you:
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
- What is the scariest thing you have experienced while traveling?
- If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to?
- What inspires you the most to do what you do everyday?
- Do you find it hard to stay motivated and stick to exercise routines everyday?
- what is your most constant rule that you believe to stick to?
- Do you feel it is Important to have a routine?
- If you could Quit your job and go do anything, what would you do/where would you go?
- Do you think education, as it is today, does justice to life and learning?
What to Do if Nominated for the Liebster Award:
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2017 it is a little more involved and will continue to evolve as blogging becomes more accessible.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) go to The Global Aussie for a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2017 Liebster Award they will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link by to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it.
I’m very excited to see all your posts! Below are a few Badges you can use in your post if you like – just download them: