Benean ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur ut adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incidi ut labore et dolore magna aliqua ip. At vero
Date: Monday 2017_07_17
Activity: Strength Training
Location: at Home
So I worked out my own strength training plan from things I’ve learnt over the years and also from research I’ve done. As much as I would love to join a gym now or to get a Running couch to get more serious about my Trail Running Career it’s just not gonna happen –
Ek kan dit maar op my maag skryf! –
Like my Mom would always say when I was little and I wanted something we could not afford.
I also realized that if I don’t have the discipline to get up early in the morning and do exercises for free, in my Living room to further improve myself, then paying money for training or a gym contract is not going to make me magically become more disciplined,. No, this is something I think I need to teach myself.
SO I know my body and decided to work something out to start with.
Jani strength training week 1+2
– 50 squats (This was easy)
– 50 sumo squats (this I did with 5kg and was kinda ok)
– 50 leg on chair squats (25per leg) (This burned a little – and my balance is really bad…)
– 5x planks ( 1 min per plank ) (ok I only did two here – it was hard, very hard)
– 2sets calf raises (10 per set) (Easy Peasy)
– 2sets single calf raises (10 per set per leg) (Burned a little, again balance issue)
– 50 sit ups (Was ok, more uncomfortable than hard)
– 20 stairs up and 20 down (fast run) (Out of breath and legs were tired after all the other stuff)
Run 8-15km depending on day (No Runs on Monday, We have Dinner with my Grandfather.)
Stretches (I forgot to stretch I realize now…)
Eat well, prep lunches and dinners for next evening (Did all this on Sunday, Yay Free Blog Night!)
I’m lying in Bed now and I can definitely feel some of my muscles – especially my abs and my Hammies, oh and the one but Cheek I nearly tore in my attempt to not fall on Saturday’s race (Long story short – Read the Race Report once it’s up!)
I think I might be stiff tomorrow. I will be doing this above plan for two weeks, repeating it on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Then I will see how it goes, but I hope to be strong enough then to just double the whole program.
This is really hard for me – the discipline to get up and exercise on my own with no accountability is difficult. But I really want this. Let’s see if I can pull through this time, after so many other failed attempts.